One of the most important parts of the winter is staying snug and warm. Of course, staying comfortable is critical throughout the year, but during the winter it is even more crucial. Winters in Greensburg are erratic and the frostiest days can often spring up on us, sometimes when your furnace is ill-equipped. So, before you ask an expert technician, here are a few things you can examine first:
- Check your filter – unclean filters are one of the most widespread causes of sudden furnace failures. Air has a more difficult time traveling through filters once they are dusty or dirty, causing the system to shut off on some occasions. The older the furnace, the trickier it might be to detect the problem, while newer furnaces are created to find clogged and dirty filters before further issues arise. Replacing furnace filters every month or so can ward off these troubles and keep you warm.
- See if your batteries are weak or dead – keep continuous tabs on your thermostat batteries to make sure that there isn’t a flashing low battery light or indicator on your thermostat. If there is, it’s time to replace out the batteries on your thermostat.
- Ensure that your thermostat is set to “heat” – it can be easy to neglect minor things like the settings of your thermostat. Double-check this important step, especially if there was a relevant spike in temperature that may have caused you to turn off the “heat” setting.
- Check your switches – in your home’s circuit breaker panel, locate the breakers that control your furnace:
- [Ensure|Guarantee|Confirm]48] that the switch is in the On position. If it is Off or in the middle of the two spots, cycle the breaker to Off and then reset it to On.
- The switch that looks like a light switch should also be in the On, or Up, spot. It can often be misidentified as a real light switch, which is why it is usually the problem with furnace troubleshooting. Once it’s back On, the system will only need a few minutes to reboot.
Working through these steps is a simple and effective way of confirming the efficiency of your furnace before you give a call to your Greensburg professional. If there are still issues after you have gone through these steps, you will have a much wider idea on how to notify your [[technicians|specialists|experts}69] on what the issue might be. If you have questions or need to set up a repair, call Wallpe Heating & Cooling in Greensburg.