Like any product you want to keep in good shape, HVAC equipment requires proper care in order to provide the maximum benefits. Trained technicians can service your heating and cooling products to make sure they're working at their greatest potential and help prevent more expensive repairs in the middle of the hottest or coldest months of the year.
The cost can fluctuate depending on the equipment size and different features, so we recommend contacting Wallpe Heating & Cooling at 812-663-7252 to get a quote.
With two-stage heating, furnaces may operate on two different levels: high and low. Since you can heat your home on the low setting most of the time, a two-stage furnace can work longer and more efficiently. Two-stage heating also works more quietly than traditional furnaces and can give you more even heat distribution and fewer temperature swings.
Wallpe Heating & Cooling offers many different brands and models that have advanced technology to cool and warm your home more efficiently. Technology in the newer HVAC systems provides more precision when it comes to meeting your home comfort needs. If you need more information, please call our experts at 812-663-7252.
Modern furnaces are designed with a variety of innovative features older furnaces don't have. Todays heating systems give you more even heating and are better at regulating airflow. Although the air coming out of your vents may seem cooler than your old furnace, the airflow is much better and more efficient.
Another perk of modern furnaces is their ability to operate with other HVAC products as part of a high-efficiency whole home comfort system. When combined with a high-efficiency air conditioner, furnace blowers can more easily accommodate add-on cooling. Other innovations, such as Precise Comfort technology and variable speed motors, will help your furnace operate more efficiently and quieter than ever.
The Department of Energy recently increased the minimum efficiency levels for air conditions, and the standards vary by region. Contact Wallpe Heating & Cooling at 812-663-7252 to learn the requirements for the Greensburg area.
There are many ways to decrease your energy costs and one of the best ways is to make sure you have an energy-efficient HVAC system. Wallpe Heating & Cooling carries many highly efficient products that will help lower the amount of energy you are using and save you money. In addition to shopping for products that have the Energy Star® certification, high SEER ratings for air conditioners or AFUE ratings for furnaces, here are some other things to consider:
- Remember to book routine maintenance and have an experienced professional take a look at your system to ensure its running efficiently.
- If you have clear areas of your home that you need to heat or cool, you might consider a zoning system. This allows you to target that area and eliminates wasted energy on heating or cooling areas that aren't used.
- Programmable or smart thermostats make it a breeze to maintain your home comfort while not wasting energy to heat or cool your space if you aren't home. It is an easy way to decrease energy costs and once you set it, you can walk away and know its going to take care of your indoor comfort.
Wallpe Heating & Cooling has been serving the Greensburg community for many years and has been providing trustworthy and dependable service. Our service and the products we carry are of the highest quality and you won't be disappointed in the results. Our well-trained team is here to help you get your ideal home comfort.
There are four things to consider when improving your indoor air quality:
- The indoor air quality in your home starts to suffer when the air begins filling up with air pollutants. The biggest concern is getting rid of these pollutants. Some to-dos to include on your weekly checklist is vacuuming, washing your linens and ensuring any cleaning products are stored properly.
- Especially in newer homes, the insulation is installed so well that it might be difficult for these pollutants to leave the home. While it helps to keep your home warm or cool, depending on the season, its valuable to get some fresh air inside.
- Make sure that you have good ventilation and arrange routine maintenance on your system. And while that's helpful, you can also take your IAQ even further by using air filters, germicidal lights and purification systems to get rid of particles while eliminating chemical vapors.
- Smart or programmable thermostats can manage humidity levels as well as the temperature. This can help avert germs and other particles from collecting while preserving your home comfort.
No two homes are alike, which is why we suggest that you contact our team at Wallpe Heating & Cooling to find out which solution will be best for your space. Our experienced technicians will conduct an assessment of your current system and chat about what your ideal home comfort looks like. That will help us decide which products will be most effective.
You might be surprised to know that air conditioners don't technically make your home cooler; they actually remove the hot air and move it outside. This hot air moves across a refrigerant coil on the indoor unit and then is sent to the outdoor unit where it is released. Your air conditioner pushes as much hot air outside as is necessary to reach the temperature you have set on your thermostat.
Minimum energy efficiency standards can vary by geographic location. Additionally, air conditioners, heat pumps and packaged units made after Jan. 1, 2015, have higher minimum efficiency levels than products manufactured prior to that date. The team at Wallpe Heating & Cooling can help you figure out the minimum requirements for Greensburg, let you know if your current systems meets those requirements or help you find a replacement air conditioner that does.
Your systems service panel should have a white label on it, with your systems model and serial numbers at the top. M/N signifies the systems model number and S/N is the serial number.
Since equipment size needs are different for every home, the best way to find out the right size equipment for your home is to have a technician from Wallpe Heating & Cooling come out to perform load calculation tests. The tests take measurements such as square footage, insulation value and amount, and more into account to determine your homes individual HVAC equipment needs.
Yes debris can inhibit your systems ability to function effectively. Its common for heat pumps to have frost or ice on them in the colder months, but many include defrost controls so they can work efficiently regardless of the weather conditions.
When a cooling systems has two-stage cooling, it means that there are two levels of operation. This lets the system work most effectively since there is one level for milder weather and another for harsher weather that demands the system work harder. Two-stage cooling also enables more even temperatures so you don't experience extreme differences in temperature. Aside from better efficiency, other benefits of two-stage cooling include quieter operation and better humidity control.
Your system could be freezing up for a number of reasons, but the most typical are dirty filters, low refrigerant, a dirty evaporator coil and/or a faulty blower motor. Changing a filter is something you, the homeowner, can take care of; however, you'll want to call the professionals at Wallpe Heating & Cooling at 812-663-7252 for other problems or if you have other questions or concerns.
Wallpe Heating & Cooling offers a number of great thermostat options for your HVAC systems. The best thermostat for you will depend on a variety of variables, such as whether you want one that's programmable or not. No matter what kind of thermostat you'd like or if you're searching for something that can fit with a home automation system call Wallpe Heating & Cooling to hear about which thermostats you can choose from. Our team will help you find one thats best for your system, your family's needs and your budget.
A heat pump takes care of both your homes heating and cooling needs, offering you one HVAC system that can be used year-round. During the warmer months, heat pumps act like an air conditioner, capturing the hot air from inside your home and moving it outside; in the cooler months, this process is reversed. Heat pumps can be very energy efficient and may produce two to three times more heat than the energy it uses.
At Wallpe Heating & Cooling, we do recommend replacing both your indoor and outdoor units at the same time because:
- Today, outdoor systems are built to work with their matching indoor system for the most efficiency. When you replace just one of your systems, you may not see the same energy savings as if you had replaced them together.
- Thanks to technological advancements, newer systems mean increased efficiency. This is true for HVAC products as well. While the advancements focus on improved heating and cooling efficiency, they also include benefits such as better air handling, filtering and noise reduction.
- If your heating and cooling systems are more than 10 years old, they need to be replaced. Older models have outdated technology that is likely costing you money due to poor efficiency. So by replacing your indoor system at the same time as your outdoor equipment, both your systems will provide better energy efficiency that helps you lower your energy bills and keep your home more comfortable.
Your home energy system may have a communication module that directs performance stats to an online site or portal. You can visit this to monitor your system's status, the amount of energy being produced and the positive influence you are having on the environment. You can also take a look at your owner's manual for tips on monitoring performance.
Rain will clean the modules naturally in most areas; however, if you live in a dusty area, you could see improved performance after periodically spraying the modules with water. Please note that high-pressure hoses and detergents should never be used to clean solar modules, as they can damage the product.
Wallpe Heating & Cooling can help you find the right thermostat for you based on your home and current heating and cooling equipment. We offer a number of programmable and nonprogrammable thermostats, which can help improve the efficiency of your homes furnace and/or air conditioner. Browse our thermostats or give us a call at 812-663-7252 for more information.
A big portion of your monthly utility bills can be attributed to your heating and cooling system. It makes sense, because our home comfort is an important aspect of our day-to-day lives. Fortunately, there are high-efficiency solutions from Wallpe Heating & Cooling that can keep you comfortable while also lowering energy costs. When it's time for you to shop for a new HVAC system, there are a couple things to consider. You'll want to select air conditioners with high SEER ratings and furnaces with high AFUE ratings. These ratings measure efficiency, so the larger the number the better off you'll be when it comes to saving on energy costs. You can also review these tips:
- Keep your system operating to its best ability by scheduling routine maintenance. It helps maintain efficiency and make sure everything is functioning properly.
- Consider a zoning system if you only have certain rooms that need to be heated or cooled. There is no need to use energy regulating the temperature in a room that is never, or rarely used.
- The U.S. Department of Energy indicates that programmable thermostats can save up to 35 percent on heating costs and 25 percent on cooling costs. There are a lot of programmable and smart thermostat options that are easy to use and vary in the number of features-so you can find an option that you are comfortable with.
A zoning system lets you section your residence and heat or lower the temperature in each area differently. While these systems work well for buildings that have rooms that are seldom used, they can also be helpful in situations where you and your family cant agree on the temperature in different portions of your residence. There are a collection of additional pluses of zoning systems, such as efficiency and comfort. View our selection of zoning systems or give Wallpe Heating & Cooling a shout to see how a zoning system could work for your home.