Smart phones are our constant companions, whether it’s checking in on work or checking in on friends. Your personal smart phone can also keep you connected to your home. Your phone can allow you to control your home’s temperature and find out when it’s time to schedule air conditioner service.
Technology can change rapidly, but currently there are two types of advanced thermostats:
- Connected. Connected thermostats allow you to control your system via a Wi-Fi connection, so you can use your smart phone from anyplace, including work or a vacation destination to manage your thermostat.
- Smart Thermostats. Smart thermostats have Wi-Fi capabilities, but they can also learn your schedule by knowing where you are. These thermostats can actually sense when you’re away from home and adjust the temperature to fit your needs.
You may have heard a lot about smart thermostats over the last few years. As with most new technology, they’ll continue to evolve and become more accessible and affordable. If you don’t have one, it’s a great time to learn more about them and all the benefits of using them, namely the ability to closely control your home comfort levels—even when you’re away from home. Following are more benefits:
- Easy adjustments. As they learn your preferences, smart thermostats will begin to make adjustments that will keep you comfortable when you’re home and save you money in the process.
- Helpful reminders. In our busy lives, sometimes it’s hard to remember to make an appointment for HVAC maintenance. Your smart thermostat can remind you to change your HVAC filter and even tell you when you need to schedule routine maintenance.
- Convenient compatibility. You will see that most smart thermostats easily integrate with a wide variety of heating and cooling equipment, so you probably don’t have to worry about passing on a smart thermostat that you want because it’s not compatible with your equipment.
Smart thermostats can help you maximize your home comfort levels and help you lower your energy bills. Call Wallpe Heating & Cooling in Greensburg at 812-663-7252. We have a great selection of thermostats for you to choose from, so you can be confident we’ll have one to match your needs.