Make your life less difficult—get ahead by preparing your air conditioner now before warmer temperatures appear. You can save on your utility bill this summer if your air conditioner is working at its maximum efficiency! If you are running your system when it needs service, you could see a drastic jump in costs and damaging wear and tear on your system. Keep your system performing well with at least one air conditioning service appointment from your Wallpe Heating & Cooling professional each year. This is critical to keep your unit working for the future. Your technician can confirm that your unit is working correctly and keep an eye out for trouble areas to head off any conceivable problems before they happen. This saves you from larger, more costly repairs.
Just some of the benefits a professional air conditioning service will offer you:
- Cooling cycle assessment
- Replacement or cleaning air filters
- Lubrication of the moving parts and tightening of electrical components
- Cleaning the condensate drain, blower components and condenser coil
What You Can Do to Prepare
In addition to arranging your professional air conditioning service, there are things you can do now and all year to ensure your AC is functioning at peak performance.
- Clear the spot around your unit. Make sure there aren’t plants growing too close to your air conditioner, which can hamper airflow. Take away piles of leaves or mulch blocking any part of the AC unit.
- If your exterior unit was covered during the winter months, make sure to uncover it. You can damage your system if you run your air conditioning with a cover, coil blanket or lid. That damage could trigger the need for serious repairs or an entire replacement.
Throughout the year:
- Your Wallpe Heating & Cooling service professional will clean or replace your filters as needed during the annual service visit. Don’t forget to inspect your filters monthly and replace them when required! Different homes have different air filter replacement needs. If you own a pet or are undergoing home renovations, you may have to change them more often.
Make sure your air conditioning is running at its most efficient by having your ducts cleaned often. It keeps your home healthy too! If you follow these easy steps, your AC will be ready for whatever this summer can throw at it. To schedule your annual service, call the Wallpe Heating & Cooling team at [[phonenumber]] or schedule an appointment online.