As we get deeper in to November and the temperature continues to drop, we’re faced with the impending decision of when to switch over to heating our home. For some people, that time has already come and for others, it is looming large. Of course with colder months rapidly approaching now is the time to think about replacing your home’s furnace because no one wants their furnace to go bad in the middle of the coldest day of the month.
So when the time comes to find a new furnace, how do you know whether you should go with an oil furnace or a gas furnace? Well we’re here to help answer that for you. After all, there’s no good reason for being bundled up in the middle of January because you didn’t know your furnace was on its last legs.
Take a few moments and read what both types of furnaces can give you and give us a call at 812-663-7252 if you have any other questions.
- Up-front cost is not as much as gas furnaces
- Provide more heat than other furnaces
- Easily serviced by the oil delivery company
- Maintenance can be more complex as a result of dirt and grim buildup
- Fuel costs are more than gas furnaces
- Less efficient than gas furnaces
- More efficient than oil furnaces
- Cheaper fuel compared to oil furnaces
*Note: your home must be in an area where a gas supply is available
- Very little maintenance required
- Provides less heat than oil furnaces
- Up-front cost is 10-25% more than similar sized oil furnaces
No matter which furnace you decide to go with, your comfort should never be sacrificed, so make sure you make the most informed decision possible. If you happen to have any questions during the process, don’t waver in giving Wallpe Heating & Cooling in Greensburg a call at 812-663-7252. We’re more than happy to help resolve all of your furnace questions.