As spring starts, you might be considering, is an AC tune-up worth it in Greensburg? Particularly if your air conditioning equipment is recently purchased or was running well last summer.
Here’s one method to look at it. You wouldn’t get a brand-new automobile and never have to request any maintenance for it, such as putting in fresh oil or buying new tires.
The same applies for your air conditioning. It’s equipment that consumes fuel and has moving components. Like a vehicle, it can get leaks and its moving parts can fail.
Having your unit checked annually by a Wallpe Heating & Cooling specialist can help spot minor issues before they lead to large meltdowns. (And cause your air conditioning to stop working!)
Six Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your equipment clean. Since your AC is installed outdoors, it’s more susceptible to having a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard clippings, which can greatly affect your unit’s efficiency. While you can use our how to clean your AC guide, we recommend calling a pro to service intricate internal pieces.
- It keeps your equipment efficient. Dirt and yard refuse that accumulate in your equipment can make it work harder and restrict airflow. Both these issues can create higher energy needs—and a higher cooling bill!
- It could prolong your system’s life span. A clean system is an efficient one and might even help it run for a longer period of time. That’s money that you won’t spend on your monthly electricity costs and over the years, as you won’t have to buy new equipment as fast.
- It helps pinpoint little troubles before they lead to big, expensive problems. During professional AC maintenance, your tech will carefully examine pieces and complete a series of AC performance checks. These detailed procedures often allow us to locate issues before they turn into major problems that result in a costly repair bill.
- It helps guarantee worry-free operation throughout the warmest days. After your system is serviced, you’ll have peace of mind realizing your unit is ready to provide worry-free air. Even on the muggiest days. It’s one of the smartest methods to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty in place. Most manufacturers call for regular maintenance to keep your warranty valid. Without this tune-up, your unit is open to early breakdowns and lowered efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Entail?
A premium AC tune-up should involve an examination and maintenance work from a qualified HVAC technician. Here’s some of the things we’ll do:
We’ll inspect the subsequent areas and pieces:
- Complete equipment order
- Start-up progression
- Thermostat settings
- Air filter
- Blower components and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety mechanisms
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a portion of the jobs we’ll do:
- Install new air filters
- Secure electrical connections
- Verify electrical flow
- Grease moving components
- Rinse condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Request Your AC Maintenance Today with Wallpe Heating & Cooling
This week is the perfect time to schedule your AC maintenance! Give our Wallpe Heating & Cooling pros a shout at 812-663-7252 or contact us online to book your appointment. Before we arrive at your home, make sure to browse our special offers for savings on your next service.