As spring starts, you could be thinking, is an AC tune-up worth it in Greensburg? Especially if your air conditioning equipment is up-to-date or was running good last year.
Here’s one approach to think about it. You wouldn’t get a brand-new vehicle and never have to schedule any service for it, such as getting new oil or putting on new tires.
The same is applicable to your air conditioning. It’s a piece of equipment that consumes fuel and has moving components. Like a vehicle, it can get leaks and its moving pieces can malfunction.
Having your system inspected yearly by a Wallpe Heating & Cooling tech can help find minor troubles before they lead to large breakdowns. (And cause your system to stop operating!)
6 Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your system clean. Since your air conditioner is placed outside your home, it’s more vulnerable to experiencing a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard clippings, which can greatly impact your unit’s efficiency. While you can follow our how to clean your AC guide, we recommend calling a pro to maintain complicated internal components.
- It keeps your AC efficient. Dirt and yard clippings that build up inside your unit can force it to work harder and lower airflow. Both these issues can lead to higher energy use—and a bigger utility bill!
- It could lengthen your equipment’s life span. A clean unit is an efficient one and may even help it last for a greater period of time. That’s money that you won’t spend on your monthly cooling bill and in the long-term, since you won’t have to buy new equipment as fast.
- It helps determine minor issues before they turn into major, expensive issues. During professional AC maintenance, your specialist will closely examine parts and complete a set of AC performance checks. These all-inclusive procedures often allow us to identify troubles before they become major troubles that result in a costly repair bill.
- It helps guarantee stress-free comfort throughout the summer. After your air conditioner is maintained, you’ll have peace of mind knowing your system is set to provide worry-free air. Even on the muggiest days. It’s one of the smartest ways to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty in place. Most manufacturers expect annual maintenance to keep your warranty valid. Without this work, your unit is vulnerable to early breakdowns and limited efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Entail?
A premium AC tune-up should include a check and maintenance work from a qualified HVAC technician. Here’s some of the things we’ll complete:
We’ll check the following areas and pieces:
- Complete equipment order
- Start-up progression
- Thermostat calibration
- Air filter
- Blower parts and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety components
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a segment of the services we’ll complete:
- Put in new air filters
- Tighten electrical connections
- Verify electrical flow
- Lubricate moving components
- Clean condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Request Your AC Maintenance Immediately with Wallpe Heating & Cooling
This week is the perfect time to book your AC maintenance! Give our Wallpe Heating & Cooling pros a call at 812-663-7252 or contact us online to book your appointment. Before we visit your house, be sure to browse our special offers for savings on your next tune-up.