When it’s frigid in Greensburg you need your furnace to keep you comfortable. If it’s been too long since your system had maintenance, you could have a furnace repair visit in your future. Even if your system seems to be running well, you probably need to clean or replace your air filter. A dirty air filter can block air flow, hurt your furnace’s efficiency and affect the limit switch that controls furnace operation.
There are plenty of reasons you may require a furnace repair. The quicker you can schedule a furnace repair, the better. If you notice any of the following evidence, call in an expert, like Wallpe Heating & Cooling.
1. Your furnace is loud. You may have a problem if your furnace starts running loudly or making noises you haven’t heard before.
2. Your blower isn’t operating how it should. Is it running enough? Is it running without stopping? Does the air flow seem faint? You may have an issue with your air filter or furnace blower.
3. Your home isn’t heating thoroughly. Have you raised the temperature again and again but haven’t noticed it feeling any warmer? This could indicate a few different problems. It could be a problem with your thermostat. It may be an issue with your gas source or pilot light. It could even be that your furnace isn’t correctly sized for your space.
4. Your monthly bill keeps growing. Your usage is stable but your bill keeps climbing. This could indicate a few different problems. Your HVAC technician will help find out what’s going awry.
5. You smell gas. This is serious. If you smell gas, turn off your furnace immediately and shut off its gas supply. Don’t light any matches or turn on lights until your HVAC expert or your gas company has a chance to inspect your furnace.
6. You find water gathering around your furnace. This is generally a clogged condensation line. It could require both plumbing and HVAC experts to repair.
You’ll know when you have to schedule furnace repair now that you’re knowledgeable about these common symptoms. The experts at Wallpe Heating & Cooling will be there when you need us. Call us at [[phonenumber]] or use our online scheduler to make an appointment.