During the colder Greensburg months, your furnace is your best friend—except for when it breaks down and evolves into your worst enemy. Hopefully, this won’t occur in your house, keeping you and your furnace on friendly terms. But, if it does, a simple call to Wallpe Heating & Cooling will get you warm and comfortable quickly. We’ve got a few signs you should look for to help you establish if you’re in need a furnace repair—hopefully before it results in an emergency repair. Call Wallpe Heating & Cooling ASAP if you observe any of these issues:
- You smell gas. Shut down your furnace instantly and shut off its gas supply if you smell gas. Don’t light a match or anything else that makes a flame and don’t turn on your lights until your furnace can be evaluated by your HVAC expert or your gas company.
- Your home is too chilly. If you’re repeatedly turning up the thermostat, yet you’re still cold, a furnace repair could be needed. While this could be a symptom of a problem with your thermostat, it could also mean your furnace is not the right size for your home.
- Your furnace is noisy. If you observe a change in the sounds coming from your furnace and it’s louder than normal, it’s probably a good idea to arrange a repair.
- Your utility bill is climbing without increased usage. If you’re running your furnace as you usually do but notice an increase in your utility bill, there are several different problems you could be experiencing. Your qualified technician from Wallpe Heating & Cooling can identify what the problem is.
- Your blower isn’t working correctly. If your blower isn’t running enough or, on the other hand, is running constantly, you could have a problem. It may be a something as minor as an air filter problem or something as large as a motor problem. We’ll help you sort it out.
Now that you know how to recognize when you need a furnace repair, give us a call and we’ll be there to help. If your furnace is working fine, keep it that way with a preventive maintenance visit. Just call Wallpe Heating & Cooling at 812-663-7252 or schedule an appointment with us online.