Having standard air conditioning service performed at least yearly can help prolong the life of your air conditioner and keep it running at peak efficiency. Before we get to the warmest days of the Greensburg summertime, have the professionals at Wallpe Heating & Cooling complete your yearly air conditioning service.
Certain tasks should always be done during a usual air conditioning service appointment. As stated by energy.gov, your expert should always:
- Check for the accurate amount of refrigerant, and if needed, test for refrigerant leaks using a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is required, reclaim any refrigerant that must be emptied from the system, as opposed to illegally freeing it to the air.
- Inspect for proper airflow throughout the system.
- Verify the correct electric control sequence to guarantee correct sequence of operation.
- Examine electric terminals, clean and tighten connections.
- Check the exactness of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, replacing or cleaning your air filters routinely is a top priority. That’s because nothing else that simple can help make sure that your air conditioner continues to run at a high level of efficiency. Outside of when the air filter is cleaned or replaced during your yearly air conditioning service appointment, you should inspect it frequently. We advise taking a look at it every month or according to the manufacturer’s suggestion. How often it actually requires cleaning or replacement will bank on individual factors in your home, like how much dust gets into your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your regular air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another aspect of air conditioner maintenance, call Wallpe Heating & Cooling today at 812-663-7252.