Summer is upon us! Many of us are excited for warmer weather and some peaceful summer days. To boost your comfort and truly relax, make sure your air conditioner is ready for the summer heat. One of the keys to a fun summer in Greensburg is a trustworthy, efficient air conditioner. While Wallpe Heating & Cooling consistently recommends staying up-to-date with annual preventive air conditioning service, we’ve got some tips to help keep your air conditioner functioning over the summer.
- First, another chance to recall the golden rule of HVAC: Check your air filter routinely! Replace it per the manufacturer’s suggestion.
- Take the cover off your air conditioning unit if you had it covered for the cold season. Turning on your air conditioner before removing the cover can seriously damage it and result in costly air conditioner service calls.
- Plants, leaves, tall grass and debris that are close to your outside unit can reduce your AC’s performance. Trim the grass, clean out any debris and clear away overgrowth that impedes on your unit before you run it this summer. Be sure to check the area at least monthly to keep it unobstructed and maximize airflow through your air conditioner.
- To get the best air quality and that your air conditioner is running efficiently, have your ducts cleaned regularly. It’s also a favorable idea to have your ducts checked for leaks to make sure all that cooled air is going where you need it and not escaping through gaps.
- Consider setting up a programmable thermostat to better manage the efficiency of your air conditioner.
- Evaluate the slab your air conditioner unit rests on.
These simple steps can save you from additional air conditioning service and keep you cool and comfortable during the warmer weather. If it’s time to make an appointment for your annual air conditioner service, or if you want any more tips or recommendations to help get your air conditioner ready for summer and keep it running effortlessly, call Wallpe Heating & Cooling in Greensburg at 812-663-7252 today.