You can’t control the weather, but you can control how much you’re spending to stay comfortable no matter the weather. While it might not be the the top thing that comes to your mind, getting an regular furnace service is a great way to keep from excess spending on your utility bills and now is the ideal time to get that scheduled. The pros at Wallpe Heating & Cooling have put together some tips to help you save some money this coming season.
- Furnace Service—As we mentioned before, furnace service can help save you a number of ways. It can help you catch small problems before they become major problems, and it can help ensure your system is running at its best.
- Thermostat Adjustment—Switching the temperature on your thermostat even a couple degrees can make a huge change on your energy bill. Month after month those savings will really add up. If you’re having difficulty getting used to the new temperature, try adjusting it bit by bit, perhaps a degree a day. Your body will quickly adjust to the new temperature.
- Change Your Filter—Changing your furnace filter is one of the most effortless and most helpful things a homeowner can do. A dirty filter will keep air from passing through easily, which will cause your system to work harder, which increases your utility bills.
- Address Drafts—Windows and doors with drafts can cause you to lose heat and money. Caulk and weather-stripping are great ways to tackle drafts.
- Efficiency Check—When your Wallpe Heating & Cooling technician is over for your annual furnace service, ask them about the efficiency level of your unit. They can help you determine if it is time to explore getting a more energy-efficient model, which could help save you money without affecting your comfort.
There’s never a bad time to start saving money. Of course there are more ways to save money, but hopefully this will be the jumpstart you need. If you need to schedule your annual furnace service or have any other questions about your home comfort give us a call at 812-663-7252.